Well, you may want to be the rock for your family my friend, but no man is an island, and it never hurts to seek out some help to find a few simple ways to simplify your life so that you don't have to feel tired, and run down, and stressed out all the time simply because you want to be both a superstar at the office and the best dad there ever was. It's time to Fodder Up! my friend. Today's topic: Managing the Work/Home Life Dilemma- A Tutorial for New Dads...
So let's learn what it means to find "balance" in our lives so we can be better sons, husbands, and most importantly, fathers.
1. WHAT IS WORK-LIFE BALANCE?
2. WHAT ARE THE TELLTALE SIGNS THAT YOU ARE NOT ACHIEVING YOURS?
- Top Ten Signs that Your Work-Life Balance is Out of Balance- Article (by: Wayne Parker)
- How Does Work Fit In To Your Life?
3. WHAT CAN YOU DO TO FIX IT?
- Top 10 Ways to Balance Life and Work- Article (by: Wayne Parker, About.com Fatherhood)
- Work-Life Balance for Busy Dads
- Who Needs Balance? Dads Do!- Article
- Why Aren't Dad's Lobbying for Better Work Life-Balance?
4. WHO CAN HELP YOU?
Although there were many websites we could have listed here, the real answer to this question is YOU. You have the power to ask your wife and your family to help you find the right balance between your work and your home life. You have the power to buy some books to help you learn some key strategies to incorporate in to your life to simplify it. You have the motivation to find someone in your area (a psychologist, or a group for working dads) to talk to about your problems, who will help you find was to manage your stress. All it takes is a willingness to ask for help, and a desire to make your world function smoothly with as little wear and tear on your body, your mind and your soul as possible. All it takes a quick look at yourself to see that you don't have to bare the weight alone, if you are willing to be your own impetus for change... for the better.
And, when all else fails, remember what your Mother told you... (if you can remember it in Spanish)
INSPIRATIONAL VIDEO- SET TO LYNYRD SKYNYRD'S "SIMPLE MAN."