LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND

LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND

Hello and welcome to a strange new world. You have traveled far through the desert, only to be met time and again by one empty oasis after another. You are lost and alone, wandering, wondering if someone, anyone, knows how you feel. And just when you think you can't go on, and no one could possibly understand your struggle, a hand reaches out to you, lifts you to your feet, and carries you to the promised land. He feeds you knowledge, shelters you from the self-righteous (and the ridiculous), and provides you with the tools you need to survive in this brave new world. You are a stranger in a strange land, but you are not alone. Let him be your guide. Follow closely as you travel together on this adventure of a lifetime. For now, you are a foreigner to "Fatherhood" but soon YOU will be the master of this realm.

"No Man is Expendable!"

This is Fodder 4 Fathers...


FODDERHOOD 101: ENROLLMENT INFORMATION - APPLY TODAY!

When I started this blog, I had no idea where it would go. Like most dad bloggers, I just needed a place to put my thoughts on paper- a place to make sense of this thing called "fatherhood." I didn't know what I was doing. I knew I loved to write; I was just waiting for a subject I was passionate enough about to write about every single day. And the more and more I write about the importance of father-involvement in all aspects of a child's life, the more it becomes clear to me that I may actually be able to make a difference.



But, as it is for all dad bloggers I suppose, it's an uphill battle trying to get new dads to get inspired to be all that they can be. And it's an even bigger challenge to convince the world that dads may have just as much to contribute to conversations about parenting as moms. We don't do what we do for the notoriety. We don't do it to stroke our own egos. We do it because we love the subject - our kids. And when I say that, I mean mine, yours, everybody's. We write about parenting, and being good husbands, and being great fathers because we want everybody to feel the sense of accomplishment that we feel. We want all dads, especially those just starting out, to see that with a little know how and some hard work we can all accomplish something great- great kids.

I want to lead by example, first and foremost for my kids, but I also want to show all the new dads, the moms, the experts, the naysayers, that dads are capable of much more than many would give us credit for. In a world where stay at home dads still get snickers when they walk their kids down the street and men are chided by their friends for cooking and cleaning and changing their fair share of diapers, there are those of us determined to make it our mission to change the status quo. We're not secondary caregivers. We're not incompetent "babysitters" that simply take over when our wives are away. We're the real deal, and we don't take kindly to our efforts being frowned upon simply because we are wired differently. We are men first, parents second, but we make the two work for us because we realize there were a great many things our own fathers missed out on, and we don't want that- for us or our kids.

I'm not an expert on anything other than the needs of my own child, but I'm happy to share these experiences if it helps just a handful of new dads get the confidence they need to be more involved in the raising of their own children. I'm not reinventing the wheel. I'm not out to take anything away from the millions of mommy bloggers, the parenting magazines, the "experts" or the men who have gone before me to carve out a better world for all the new dads that just want the opportunity to be equal partners in the upbringing of our offspring. I hope if you are reading this that you will join our cause to be better men, or to help the men in your lives to do something that inspires- both society and the children we are all trying desperately to do right by.

I didn't set out to change the world. I only wanted to make sense of this new world I found myself in. May I help you do the same. We are all in this together. Please join our cause.

Thank you for reading our blog, and for your continued support. Please check us out on Facebook and Twitter as well. This is just the beginning...

Fodder 4 Fathers

No comments:

Post a Comment