LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND

LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND

Hello and welcome to a strange new world. You have traveled far through the desert, only to be met time and again by one empty oasis after another. You are lost and alone, wandering, wondering if someone, anyone, knows how you feel. And just when you think you can't go on, and no one could possibly understand your struggle, a hand reaches out to you, lifts you to your feet, and carries you to the promised land. He feeds you knowledge, shelters you from the self-righteous (and the ridiculous), and provides you with the tools you need to survive in this brave new world. You are a stranger in a strange land, but you are not alone. Let him be your guide. Follow closely as you travel together on this adventure of a lifetime. For now, you are a foreigner to "Fatherhood" but soon YOU will be the master of this realm.

"No Man is Expendable!"

This is Fodder 4 Fathers...


"F--- YOU JOBU, I DO IT MYSELF": WHY YOU DON'T NEED VALENTINE'S DAY TO CELEBRATE THE ONES YOU LOVE


As Valentine's Day 2012 quickly approaches and the price of long-stemmed roses begins to skyrocket, commercials for candy and diamond enchantment rings begin to take over the airwaves, and men, everywhere, scramble frantically to make their wives those spa day appointments they've been promising for years, I'm reminded of two things: 1) I suck at buying other people (namely my wife) gifts, and 2) you don't need a holiday to tell you when to celebrate the people that you love.

"What do you mean, 'you didn't buy her a Valentine's Day present???'"
So, seeing as I'll probably have a lot to answer for, come the day after this most evil of days, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that there are two days in my life that made me the happiest man alive. One was my wedding day; the day I married the woman of my dreams, and swore to love and honor her for the rest of my days. The other is the day my daughter was born. Anyone that follows this blog will know that I love the sh@# out of that little girl and she is the apple of her Daddy's eye. These are the two most important people in my world, my best girls, and I would be lost without them.

I'm not sentimental- my brother's beat that out of me at a young age. I'm not sensitive. I'm not even good at faking it. But what I am proud of the life that I have, and the people I have chosen (or who chose me) to share it with. I'm a lucky man to have a beautiful, loving, caring, supportive wife who allows me to follow my dreams, even when she doesn't quite understand them. And I'm even luckier to have a daughter who just smiles- all the time- and brings joy to whomever she meets, but mostly to her mother and I. We are blessed.

*I* am blessed.

So without any poking, or prodding, or a day that tells me what I should be feeling, or a card that uses words that I more than likely would never say (at least not in "that" way) I would like to express my feelings for the two most amazing people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing; and the two people who make me gush (quietly) with pride and joy and love. You are my heart and soul.... and I love you. You make the world a wonderful place... and this song's for you.


Thank you Grand Funk Railroad for expressing my feelings better than I ever could. And to my wife, and little girl, thank you for making me the happiest man I know.

--- Adam/Daddy/Fodder 4 Fathers

No comments:

Post a Comment